Scientist Plant Biology (f/m/x)
SAN Group is a globally operating biotechnology company headquartered in Austria with employees on four continents. We are represented by subsidiaries and distribution partners in Europe, North- and South America, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia. The business of SAN Group focuses on animal health (SAN Vet), crop protection and nutrition (SAN Agrow), food diagnostics, real estate development (SAN Real), and renewable energies. Or vision is simple as that: Creating science-based solutions for a better tomorrow. SAN Group is 100% privately owned.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Carry out strategic Research and Development projects to expand the sustainable horticulture product range to achieve future company growth
- Development and supervise a team of technical staff and student projects and internships
- Act as contact person between SAN Group R&D and external collaborators
- Design and manage R&D projects acting in close collaboration with the different business units
- Support Product Management as part of R&D Product Management team
- Scout new possibilities and collaboration in the field of plant biology, crop protection and nutrition, tracking the evolution of new technologies and trend
- Provide technical support for the Quality Control system
To grow in this position, it requires the following:
- MSc/PhD in plant pathology, plant biotechnology, plant molecular biology or similar
- Extensive experimental laboratory experience, including plant molecular biology and biochemistry
- Ability to work alone and/or under low supervision
- Willingness to learn and to challenge the status quo
We have a SANtastic culture, means for you:
- First name terms from trainee to owner
- No neckties and open doors
- Small teams to root-in and grow
- High degrees of freedom to create in a positive team atmosphere
- Flexible work hours and home-office
- Benefits such as team events, state-of-the-art work environment and IT infrastructure, free parking, sports hall & fitness center, internal and external development programs
What else to know?
- You are rooted in Herzogenburg (Austria)
- We appreciate your expertise for 38.5 hours/week, full time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 42.000 gross annual base salary, plus attractive benefits.
+43 2782 83300 166